I have been meaning to make a few diaper covers for DS but he's getting adept at taking his Aplix diapers off and putting snaps on seemed like a difficult feat. But then I heard about Kam Snaps - they have a traditional press which is still pretty pricey although not as much as other places, but they also make pliers that do the same thing and are much less expensive.
Last week I ordered myself the pliers which came with 400 snaps - I chose natural, blue-green, and silver colored and they also came with smaller size 16 white snaps. It took me a week to find time to use it but since two days ago I've been snapping things left and right :)
Now for the diaper cover - I made a template for the snaps and I'm posting it here for people who want to use it instead of using a pen and paper and ruler to make their own... use it freely but please attribute if you plan on posting it elsewhere. :)
I will post a pic of the finished cover whenever I get to finish it.
There are actually two giveaways currently for some GCs to KamSnaps and they can be found on the Makin' It blog and on the Dirty Diaper Laundry blog. Both have great reviews and helpful hints on how to use the pliers and they are so much more accessible than I ever thought!